It’s my favorite day of the week… TUTORIAL TUESDAY!!!!! Make sure you read ALLLLL the directions. Here’s the step-by-step for this week’s Vintage Valentine look:
1) place hair in a high ponytail, leaving out the area where your bangs would be
2) separate bang area into three subsections
3) tease each subsection at the base near the scalp
4) roll each subsection to create a “victory roll” and secure with bobby pins (make sure to hide the pins!)
5) place ponytail into a loop bun (similar to how most girls would to go work out or wash their face)
6) pin down the bun however you’d like, making sure the hair looks full
7) take bandana or head tie and place it at the base of the back of your head
8) bring sides of the bandana/ head tie up to the front and tie in a knot
9) make any adjustments you need and you’re finished! by heidimariegarrett http://instagr.am/p/VoqLaRmVB8/
You are just so adorable!
Thank you. This is an excellent silhouette reference!
THIS IS SO USEFUL
6 Color Scheme ToolsCOLORlovers
The biggest resource community for colour palettes as well as patterns. Plus points that they spell “colour”correctly my British way.Kuler
From Adobe it pretty much works the same way as COLORlovers where you also create your own schemes or edit others accordingly.Colorotate
This site is a little more interactive and fun with the 3D elements. In addition there are few fun mixing/blending options.Color Scheme Designer
The Wheel! A great resource for creating schemes as well options for “light-er” or “dark-er” versions.Pictaculous
There are a few picture-to-colours applications but this is my favourite as, in my opinion, its most accurate. In addition to finding you colours from an image you’ve uploaded, it suggests other similar colour schemes from Colourlovers and Kuler. You can also download swatch files which I find useful.Color Palette Generator (DeGraeve.com)
If you’re lazy or don’t have the image on your computer, this site lets you use URL’s instead.
Especially useful for Ib fan artists like me who need a guide on roses badly
Roses are really fun to draw :)
So people apparently really love font recs? Who knew! Here’s a whole bunch of fonts that are a cut above your usual Arial Black and Tahoma. Have fun!
- didot, bodoni, silkroad, tetra, wildride, bebas, bellerose,
- dalle, futura, garamond, headline, folks, haymaker,
- lavanderia, mensch, ostrich sans, roadway,
- single sleeve, sophie, tall dark and handsome
- justus, edo, ranger, sabrina AT, snickles, touching letters
- sahara, infinity, japan, levibrush, geosans light, gantz font
- doris day, crackin, channel, clemente, alien league, budmo, dubiel
- batman beat the hell out of me, catshop, corabel, frail
And some classics:
I got a few people asking about the little “exercises” I give myself to do when I need to warm up, break out of art block, or just have fun doodling… so here’s one for you guys to try! It’s basically like that color scheme meme that was floating around, except you make your own color schemes.
THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA
Many of us have encountered this message at one point or another:
Most likely the gif you’re trying to upload is under the size limit of 1000mb (when you upload gifs that are 1000kb+, your gif is still uploaded but it just doesn’t move) yet you’re still getting this frustrating message.